- Pre-washed large 47” x 47” (120cm x 120cm) double layer swaddle. Featuring the pattern Pan African Flag
- ORGANIC- Our swaddles are made from soft 100% organic cotton making them safe for the baby, the parent, and the environment. Our blankets are very gentle against sensitive skin.
- BETTER SLEEP- Swaddling is a simple and time honored way to ensure your baby feels safe and warm as they adjust to life outside the womb. Our blankets help create a cozy womb-like feeling that has proven to help babies sleep longer and sleep better. Our breathable and light weight swaddles make sure to provide your baby comfort without overheating.
- MULTI USE- Our blankets are not only good for swaddling! Our blankets can also be used as a stroller cover, changing pad, burp cloth, car seat cover, receiving blanket, a nursing cover and a host of other uses!
- EASY CARE- We know your baby gets messy, thats why all of our swaddles are machine washable making them super easy to clean and care for. Toss them in the wash and you’ll see they get softer time after time.
- THE PERFECT GIFT- Our swaddles come pre-packaged and are the prefect gift for baby showers and holidays.
- BLACK OWNED- Support local and black owned business by keeping your baby fresh and stylish in My Proud Baby products ✊🏾🙅🏾♂️
What Is Swaddling?
Swaddling is a simple and time honored way to ensure your baby feels safe and warm as they adjust to life outside the womb . It helps combat overstimulation and prevents the newborn startle reflex from waking baby from restful sleep.
Muslin is just one of those wonderful materials. Its soft, its forgiving, it offers warmth but also breathability. Due to the open weave structure of the fabric, it is able to provide just a tiny bit of natural stretch. You'll find muslin light and gentle which not provides comfort for your baby but also for the parent .Muslin is breathable but insulating which makes it perfect for swaddling!
When to Stop Swaddling?
Your baby will let you know when it’s time to graduate to a sleeping bag or sleep sack by fussing or fighting their way free when swaddled. Most usually hit this point between three and six months. You will find that your swaddling blankets will still have many uses well after your baby has graduated from swaddling.